Some Nutrients that stop erectile dysfunction

There is no miracle food to prevent erectile dysfunction. However, there is evidence that certain foods can help.

“The evidence that foods can help ED is probably related to a vascular connection,” says Dr. Firouz Daneshgari, Professor and Chair of the Department of Urology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland. “Erectile problems are usually due to the fact that the penis is not well irrigated by blood, so foods that are good for the vascular system can also help prevent erectile difficulties”. Should you eat more food containing these key nutrients?

Nitrates in leafy vegetables and beets

vegetable against erectile dysfunction

Green leafy vegetables, such as celery and spinach, can increase circulation due to their high nitrate concentration. Beet juice has been found to be very rich in nitrates. Nitrates are vasodilators, which means they open blood vessels and increase blood flow. Many years before the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first erectile dysfunction drug in 1998, several case reports on the beneficial effects of nitrates on erectile dysfunction had already been published. Today’s erectile dysfunction drugs are based on the relaxing effects of nitrates on the blood vessels that supply the penis.

Flavonoids in dark chocolate

A recent study published in the journal Circulation revealed that flavonoids in dark chocolate improve circulation. This could be good for erection problems that are due to poor circulation. Flavonoids are natural antioxidants that protect plants from toxins and help repair cell damage. Studies show that flavonoids and other antioxidants have similar effects on humans. They can help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol, two factors that contribute to erectile dysfunction.

Protein in pistachios

pistachios against erectile dysfunction

A recent study found that to cure erectile dysfunction, men who ate pistachios every day for three weeks experienced significant improvement in sexual problems, including erectile dysfunction, sexual desire and overall sexual satisfaction. The benefits of pistachios for erectile problems may be due to a protein called arginine, which can help relax blood vessels. “This is another example of how good blood circulation is good for sexual health, which is good news because I eat a lot of pistachios,” says Dr. Daneshgari.

Zinc in oysters and other shellfish

The oyster has always had a reputation as an aphrodisiac. One reason could be that oysters have high levels of zinc, a mineral that plays an important role in the production of the male hormone testosterone, and low testosterone levels could be one of the reasons for erectile dysfunction. Research presented at a meeting of the American Chemical Society may provide another link: Raw shellfish contain compounds that stimulate the release of sex hormones in both men and women.

Antioxidants in watermelon

watermelon against erectil dysfunction
Some studies show that watermelon may have effects on erectile dysfunction that are similar to those of the drug Viagra and may also increase sexual desire. Watermelon is rich in beneficial ingredients known as phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are also antioxidants. One of their benefits is that they relax the blood vessels that ensure erection. Although watermelon contains 92% water, the remaining 8% can do wonders for your heart and sexual pleasure.

Lycopene in Tomatoes and Pink Grapefruit

Lycopene is one of those phytonutrients that is good for blood flow and good for sexual matters. Lycopene is found in dark red fruits such as tomatoes and pink grapefruit. Some studies show that lycopene may be better absorbed when mixed with oily foods such as avocado and olive oil. So you can make a salad to fight erectile dysfunction. Research also shows that antioxidants like lycopene help fight infertility.