Tolterodine Tartrate (marketed as Detrol)
What is Detrol used for?
Detrol is used to treat bladder conditions that cause the feeling of having to urinate immediately, urinate too often, or the inability to control urination.
Who should not take Detrol?
You should not take Detrol if you have any of the following conditions:
* Difficulty urinating due to a bladder blockage
* Gastric retention (Problems emptying the contents of the stomach)
* Uncontrolled glaucoma
General Precautions with Detrol:
* Detrol interacts with some other medicines, which include certain antibiotics and antifungal medicines. Tell your doctor if you are taking either of these types of medicines. Your doctor may want to lower your dosage of Detrol.
* Detrol may cause blurred vision
What are some possible side effects of Detrol? (This is NOT a complete list of side effects reported with Detrol. Your healthcare provider can discuss with you a more complete list of side effects.)
* Dry mouth
* Upset stomach
* Dry eyes
Reports of Patients’ Experiences Since Detrol Became Available:
The following reactions have been reported in patients who have taken Detrol since it has become available:
* Allergic reactions including swelling
* Rapid or abnormal heartbeat
* Accumulation of fluid in the arms and legs
It has not been determined if Detrol was the cause of these reactions.
For more detailed information about Detrol, ask your healthcare provider.