What Is Edarbyclor?
Edarbyclor is a prescription medicine that contains azilsartan medoxomil, an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) and chlorthalidone, a water pill (diuretic).
Edarbyclor is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension):
- when one medicine to lower your high blood pressure is not enough
- as the first medicine to lower your high blood pressure if your doctor decides you are likely to need more than one medicine.
It is not known if Edarbyclor is safe and effective in children under 18 years of age.
Edarbyclor side effects
Edarbyclor may cause serious side effects, including:
- See Important information about Edarbyclor
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) and dizziness is most likely to happen if you also:
- take water pills (diuretics)
- are on a low-salt diet
- take other medicines that affect your blood pressure
- sweat a lot
- get sick with vomiting or diarrhea
- do not drink enough fluids
If you feel faint or dizzy, lie down and call your doctor right away. If you pass out (faint) have someone call your doctor or get medical help. Stop taking Edarbyclor.
- Kidney problems. Kidney problems may become worse in people that already have kidney disease. Some people have changes in blood tests for kidney function and may need a lower dose of Edarbyclor or may need to stop treatment with Edarbyclor. During treatment with Edarbyclor, certain people who have severe heart failure, narrowing of the artery to the kidney, or who lose too much body fluid such as with nausea, vomiting, bleeding, or trauma, may develop sudden kidney failure and in rare instances, death.
- Fluid and body salt (electrolyte) problems. Tell your doctor if you get any of the following symptoms:
- dry mouth
- lack of energy (lethargic)
- passing very little urine or passing large amounts of urine
- fast or abnormal heartbeat
- nausea and vomiting
- muscle pain or cramps
- muscle tiredness (fatigue)
- Increased uric acid levels in the blood. People who have increased levels of uric acid in the blood may develop gout. If you already have gout, tell your doctor about worsening of your gout symptoms.
The most common side effects of Edarbyclor are:
- dizziness, and
These are not all the possible side effects with Edarbyclor. Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.