Rivastigmine Tartrate (marketed as Exelon)
What is Exelon used for?
Exelon is used to treat:
* mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease
* mild to moderate dementia associated with Parkinson’s disease
Special Warnings with Exelon:
Exelon can cause serious nausea and vomiting. Exelon can also cause loss of appetite and weight loss.
What should I tell my doctor or healthcare provider?
Tell your doctor or healthcare provider if you have or have a history of:
* stomach ulcers
* taking NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
* a heart condition
* asthma or pulmonary (lung) disease
What are some possible side effects of Exelon? (This is NOT a complete list of side effects reported with Exelon. Your healthcare provider can discuss with you a more complete list of side effects.)
* Serious vomiting
* Loss of appetite
* Weakness or lack of energy
* Stomach pain
For more detailed information about Exelon, ask your healthcare provider.